New York Criminal Defense Services
Solid Criminal Defenses Built by Former Long Island Assistant District Attorneys
Criminal cases involve the most serious offenses in the American judicial system. Unlike civil cases where the dispute lies between two or more private citizens, criminal charges are brought by local, state, or federal governments. When you find yourself facing such charges, you are actually up against a government entity and all of the money, time, and resources it can wield.
If you are facing criminal charges on Long Island or anywhere in the New York metropolitan area, you need experienced legal counsel. You need the criminal defense attorneys at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC, New York’s premier criminal defense firm.
The Consequences of a Conviction
Criminal charges need to be taken seriously. If you are found guilty, any criminal conviction carries the possibility of severe penalties.
You could be facing:
- Imprisonment in a state or federal institution
- Substantial fines
- Loss of certain rights and freedoms
- A permanent criminal record that can follow you on every job, loan, education, or housing application you ever fill out
Types of Criminal Charges We Handle
At Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC, our criminal defense lawyers have decades of combined experience handling criminal cases.
We can defend you against the following charges:
- Drug offenses involve any charges related to the possession or sale of narcotics or other controlled substances.
- Drunk driving charges are brought when the state suspects you have operated a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Misdemeanors are less serious crimes than felonies, but can still carry serious penalties.
- Traffic violations carry penalties that can affect your life and livelihood.
- Felonies are very serious crimes that may call for mandatory prison sentences, high fines, or asset forfeiture.
- White collar crimes are nonviolent crimes and financially motivated, but still carry serious penalties.
- Sports nutrition and anabolic steroids have highly specific laws regulating their use and control, and few firms have more experience with alleged violations of these laws than Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC.
- Sex offenses and cases of domestic violence can be exceptionally difficult to defend, as prosecutors tend to pursue such convictions with unusual tenacity.
- Theft and burglary involve, respectively, taking items that belong to others and breaking into or remaining in buildings or homes without consent and with the intent of committing a crime.
- Arson is intentionally or maliciously lighting on fire objects that belong to others.
- Homicide and murder occur when one person kills another. Murder is distinct from the lesser form of homicide known as manslaughter in that murder involves an intention to kill.
- Fraud is the intentional deception of another to gain personally or to damage the other party.
- Embezzlement involves intentionally and dishonestly taking assets that do not belong to you.
- Internet hacking is one of the fastest-evolving areas of criminal prosecution today.
Put a Trusted Criminal Defense Attorney in Your Corner
The criminal lawyers at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC are all former Assistant District Attorneys. As such, we understand the ins and outs of Nassau County criminal procedure. We also understand how prosecutors think and strategize and can leverage this experience to your advantage. If criminal charges are impacting your life, put our decades of combined experience to work for you today.
Thank you David Barry and Marc Gann for everything!- Former Client
I can’t thank him enough for protecting me from false statements.- Larry
I felt very comfortable and confident that he had my best interests at heart- Michele
I felt like I was his only client- Former Client
He is compassionate about his job and it shows- Kenny
DISMISSED DRUG CASE
DISMISSED INTOXICATED DRIVING CASE
JURY ACQUITTAL 84-COUNT INDICTMENT
DISMISSED FELONY DRUG CASE
DISMISSED GUNS AND DRUGS SUPPRESSED
DISMISSED AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT
JURY ACQUITTAL ARMED ROBBERY
JURY ACQUITTAL ASSAULT CHARGE
DISMISSED BUS THEFT
DISMISSED CONSPIRACY CHARGES