Mineola Criminal Defense Attorney
Solid Criminal Defenses Built by Former Long Island Assistant District Attorneys
NY criminal cases involve the most severe offenses in the American judicial system.
Unlike civil cases where the dispute lies between two or more private citizens, criminal charges are brought by local, state, or federal governments.
When you face such criminal charges, you are up against a government entity and all of the money, time, and resources it can wield.
If you are facing criminal charges on Long Island or anywhere in the Nassau County, New York, metropolitan area, you need experienced legal counsel.
Having the criminal defense lawyers at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC, New York’s top-rated criminal defense law firm, would be best.
As a premier criminal defense law firm in Mineola, NY, Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry, PLLC is devoted to providing clients with the highest quality representation, no matter their face.
To get started on your case with a free consultation, call our Nassau County criminal defense lawyers at (516) 218-5131.
The Consequences of a Conviction in Mineola, NY
Criminal charges in NY need to be taken seriously. If you are found guilty, any criminal conviction carries the possibility of severe penalties.
You could be facing:
- Imprisonment in a state or federal institution
- Substantial fines
- Loss of certain rights and freedoms
- A permanent criminal record that can follow you on every job, loan, education, or housing application you ever fill out
Types of Criminal Charges Our Lawyers Handle
At Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC, our criminal defense lawyers serving Mineola have decades of combined experience handling criminal cases in NY.
We can defend you against the following criminal charges:
- Drug offenses involve any criminal charges related to the possession or sale of narcotics or other controlled substances.
- Drunk driving charges are brought when NY suspects you have operated a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Misdemeanors are less serious crimes than felonies, but can still carry serious penalties.
- Traffic violations carry penalties that can affect your life and livelihood.
- Felonies are very serious crimes that may call for mandatory prison sentences, high fines, or asset forfeiture.
- White collar crimes are nonviolent crimes and financially motivated, but still carry serious penalties.
- Sports nutrition and anabolic steroids have highly specific laws regulating their use and control, and few law firms have more experience with alleged violations of these laws than Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC.
- Sex offenses and criminal cases of domestic violence can be exceptionally difficult to defend, as prosecutors tend to pursue such convictions with unusual tenacity.
- Theft and burglary involve, respectively, taking items that belong to others and breaking into or remaining in buildings or homes without consent and with the intent of committing a crime.
- Arson is intentionally or maliciously lighting on fire objects that belong to others.
- Homicide and murder occur when one person kills another. Murder is distinct from the lesser form of homicide known as manslaughter in that murder involves an intention to kill.
- Fraud is the intentional deception of another to gain personally or to damage the other party.
- Embezzlement involves intentionally and dishonestly taking assets that do not belong to you.
- Internet hacking is one of the fastest-evolving areas of criminal prosecution today.
Put a Trusted Nassau County Criminal Defense Attorney in Your Corner
The criminal defense lawyers serving Mineola at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC are all former Assistant District Attorneys.
As such, our lawyers understand the ins and outs of Nassau County criminal procedure. Our criminal defense lawyers also understand how prosecutors think and strategize and can leverage this experience to your advantage.
If criminal charges in Mineola, NY, impact your life, put our decades of combined experience to work for you today.
Our Nassau County criminal lawyers firmly believe that our clients come first, and our priority is always to work to achieve the best possible result in their case.
Our attorneys tenaciously fight for these results and leave no stone unturned when helping our NY clients through trial.
Contact our criminal defense lawyers serving Mineola, New York, online or at (516) 218-5131 to schedule a free consultation.
Rick Collins was amazing both as my attorney and counselor in every sense of the word.- V. S. M.
You made sure I got the best outcome possible and I am extremely grateful.- Matthew
Rick Collins is definitely the man you want standing in your corner.- Steve
The outcome was better than we all expected.- John C.
Great People with Strong Legal Expertise- Garrett K.
SEVEN FIGURE SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
CHARGES DROPPED WITHOUT ARREST RAPE ALLEGATIONS
CONVICTION VACATED AND CHARGES DISMISSED DEPORTED AFTER GUILTY PLEA IN 2005
SIX FIGURE SETTLEMENT JOGGER HIT BY MOTOR VEHICLE
DISMISSED DRUG CASE
DISMISSED INTOXICATED DRIVING CASE
DISMISSED FELONY DRUG CASE
JURY ACQUITTAL 84-COUNT INDICTMENT
DISMISSED AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT
JURY ACQUITTAL ARMED ROBBERY