Workplace Accident Lawyers in New York
Proudly Representing Injured Workers
If you have suffered a work-related injury, you may be entitled to various forms of compensation. Our New York workplace accident attorneys are available to evaluate your claim during a free consultation and can help you understand your legal rights and options at this time.
Since 1990, Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC has provided effective representation for countless clients who were injured in the course of their job responsibilities. Whether you are seeking workers’ compensation or wish to file a lawsuit against a negligent third party, we can provide the counsel you require.
Qualifying for Workers’ Compensation
The means of compensation for your on-the-job injuries will depend on the circumstances of your accident. Most employers have a form of work injury insurance known as workers’ compensation. For most employees, this will be the exclusive way to recoup losses. You will need to forfeit your right to file a civil lawsuit against your employer in exchange for workers’ compensation benefits.
There are, however, some exceptions to the exclusive remedy provision, including:
- Wrongful termination claims
- Sexual harassment claims
- Employment discrimination claims
Most of the time, the employee’s fault in the accident does not affect his or her ability to claim workers’ compensation.
An employee may not receive benefits if:
- Their injuries were intentional or self-inflicted
- They were intoxicated while injured at work
- They were violating a company safety policy
Levels of Worker's Compensation
There are four different levels of worker's compensation you could receive based on the severity of your injury:
- Temporary total disability (TTD) — Suffering a disability that completely prevents you from working for a short period of time.
- Temporary partial disability (TPD) — You suffer an injury that prevents you from working at full capacity for a short period of time.
- Permanent total disability (PTD) — Your injury prevents you from ever returning to the type of work you previously had.
- Permanent partial disability (PPD) — You injury permanently prevents you from performing at full capacity and this reduces your level of earnings.
How much your payments will be and how long you receive them for are based on your wages before your injury and how long you will be unable to work.
Contact Our New York Workplace Accident Lawyers
Not all workers’ compensation claims are straightforward. For skilled legal assistance in your pursuit of fair compensation, reach out to the personal injury attorneys at Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC.
To learn more about your eligibility for workers’ compensation or to schedule a free case evaluation, call (516) 218-5131 now.
You are a blessing to John and to our family.- Former Client
Thank you for the efforts you and your team put forth on my behalf.- Kevin
Thank you David Barry and Marc Gann for everything!- Former Client
I can’t thank him enough for protecting me from false statements.- Larry
I felt very comfortable and confident that he had my best interests at heart- Michele
SEVEN FIGURE SETTLEMENT MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
CHARGES DROPPED WITHOUT ARREST RAPE ALLEGATIONS
CONVICTION VACATED AND CHARGES DISMISSED DEPORTED AFTER GUILTY PLEA IN 2005
SIX FIGURE SETTLEMENT JOGGER HIT BY MOTOR VEHICLE
DISMISSED DRUG CASE
DISMISSED INTOXICATED DRIVING CASE
DISMISSED FELONY DRUG CASE
JURY ACQUITTAL 84-COUNT INDICTMENT
DISMISSED AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT
JURY ACQUITTAL ARMED ROBBERY