Since founding the Mineola law firm Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry, David has been a tireless advocate on behalf of injury victims to get them the financial compensation they deserve.
Throughout his legal career, David Barry has prosecuted complex criminal and civil cases in courthouses all over New York State. As a former Assistant District Attorney, David handled the prosecution of all types of criminal cases, and successfully conducted numerous trials to verdict. Upon entering private practice, David has focused on representing accident victims in complex personal injury cases. As a litigation associate for the Manhattan law firm of Weitz & Luxenberg, P.C., David was responsible for the recovery of hundreds of millions of dollars for his injured clients and their families.
David has received numerous honors during his legal career. Currently he serves as the Vice-Chair of the Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee at the Nassau County Bar Association, the country’s largest suburban lawyer’s association. He also serves as a Member of the Nassau County Judiciary Committee, which oversees the screening of judicial candidates in the Nassau County Courts.
Most recently, Martindale-Hubbell® has rated David as a “Platinum Client Champion” and “AV Preeminent™” in the fields of Personal Injury, Torts and Toxic Torts—these most prestigious awards signify that David has reached the highest level of professional excellence.
David has been recognized multiple times as a “Rising Star” in the field of Personal Injury by New York Metro Super Lawyers – an honor received by less than 2.5% of the top up-and-coming attorneys in New York. Additionally, the National Trial Lawyers has recognized David for membership into the “Top 40 Under 40” based upon his performance as an exceptional attorney.
- Personal injury
- Criminal law
- New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y., 2011
- U.S. District Court, E.D.N.Y., 2011
- Juris Doctor, Hofstra University School of Law, 2008
- Master of Arts, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, 2005
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Kiwanis Club of Howard Beach
- Member, Judiciary Committee, Nassau County Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Committee, Nassau County Bar Association
- Platinum Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell®
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Rising Star by NY Metro Super Lawyers
- Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers